Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Media's Philly Care Share, discontinued - I great Idea Gone!


After a a couple inquiries, I looked in to see what had happened to Media's Philly Car Share.  The car they had for Media was located on the corner of Veteran's square and State St.  I'm not sure how long it was in Media, or how long it's been gone.  I can't say I every rented it, nor knew anyone else who did.

What I do remember was a red Toyota Prius parked with its own designated spot and sign.  For those who aren't familiar with the concept, cars could be reserved for rental via a website that handled the rates and scheduling.  Typically, these cars are placed in high density areas and rented for a few hours to a few days.  Judging from the cars driving in the streets of Philadelphia, the idea seemed to be quite popular.

From what I can deduct from the Philly Car Share website, they seemed to have discontinued their service here in the local Media market.  Surprising, as I thought the company would have thrived with such a service here in the Borough.

1 comment:

  1. It's been gone for at least a year and a half because I looked into it when we dropped down to one car as a method of borrowing one when needed and found that it was gone. I'm not sure how long it had been gone up to that point. It really is a shame. For us the closest car share place is at 69th street via the trolley.

    ReplyDelete