Please do not wait for an emergency to give blood.
Every day, patients suffering from cancer, sickle cell disease, and life-threatening injuries are in need of blood.
Giving blood is one of the easiest and most important ways you can help patients in your community.
We urgently appeal to healthy volunteers to donate blood today. Please share this with donors, friends, and family.
Media Community is helping our area’s blood supply by hosting a blood drive.
Please sign up below and remember that every donation saves 3 lives!
We need 50 donors to sign up!
Media Community Blood Drive
Held at the Media Municipal Building—Community Room
Sunday February 10
To sign-up go to http://www.redcrossblood.org/
And enter sponsor code:0222092
Recipient Stories/Why We’re Donors: Click Here
Donor Eligibility Guidelines: Click Here or call 1 800 RED CROSS
Donation Tips (including tips for after donating): Click Here
Tips to boost your iron level: Click here
Did you know?
• Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood.
• A single blood donation can help save more than one life.
• The Red Cross collects and processes about 40 percent of the nation’s blood supply.
• One out of every 10 people admitted in a hospital needs blood.
• The blood type most often requested by hospitals is Type O.
• More than 1 million new people are diagnosed with cancer each year. Many of them will need blood, sometimes daily, during their treatment.
• A single car accident victim can require as many as 100 pints of blood.
• There is no substitute for blood. Healthy, generous donors are the only source of blood for patients in need.