Tuesday, October 1, 2013

After 16 years, Media Goes Soft

Taco Tuesday at John's Grille in Media, PA
Yes, it's true.  After 16 years, a Media institution has gone soft.  Tonight while at John's Grille talking to people about the state of  Media borough, I was taken back by a menu change in this iconic establishment.  This is a pretty big news, as nothing really changes at John's other than the lightbulbs.....and I mean that in a good way.

While ordering three of their world famous, $0.60 tacos, as I've done for years, they asked me if I wanted them served soft or hard.  Wait, What? "That's not how it works," I said. The guy next to me quickly replied, "go soft, it's less messy that way"  Okay, well, I decided to go with the hard shell tacos, but after 16 years, they're changing Taco Tuesday up. Actually, last year they raised the price of tacos by $0.10; but I get it, things go up.  Hey, I'm just having fun with this, but it's great we still have places like this in town.

There are many places in Media you can go for dinner, and there are other places you should go to get the true essence of this town.  Thanks to John's Grille for not only being a great value for the community, but for keeping great traditions that a lot of us here in town appreciate.  Just don't get fancy on us.

Tedman


No comments:

Post a Comment