Sunday, December 4, 2016

Media in Two Minutes

Media in Two Minutes

Nothing kicks of the Christmas season like Media's biggest and best parade of the year, the Santa Parade and Fun Run Walk.  In its third year, it is without a doubt getting bigger and better on all fronts.   I was even stopped by a parade goer and told, "Tedman, on a scale of 1 to 10, this year's parade was a 35!"  That's great to hear, as this parade is organized by volunteers from the community who have no working budget and rely on the contributions from businesses to host this great event. Great Job!

And if you're wondering why Media hasn't combined this with the Friday and Saturday Media Business Authority events, well, they tried, but were unsuccessful for few reasons I won't get into today.

Promenade at Granite Run
Big news this week on the first tenant announced for the former Granite Run Mall property.  Sources close to the matter are reporting Frank Theatres Cinebowl and Grill is pretty much a done deal and will built where the JCPenny's was.

I've never been to one, but the concept is pretty neat with a big emphasis on entertainment.  I guess you can also categorize it as a super sized sport bar which might do very well at that location.

With 30,000 views on this post alone, I can tell people are very interested in who is coming to the Promenade at Granite Run.


Brick and Brew Media x2?
I caught up with a friend last week to have a drink at Media's Brick and Brew. It was the second time I've been there since my first experience and the place is still going strong in terms of crowds.  In fact, I was thinking to myself, you might as well just punch a hole in the ceiling, run a staircase up there and do the whole experience again on the 2nd floor.  

I'm sure there are lease agreements and challenges to doing that, but why not?  As I mentioned before: it's a great brand, location and experience that really resonates with State Street and customers.

Media is More Than Bars and Restaurants its Got Industry Too!
I don't think Media does enough to advocate for the businesses who decide to move and setup offices here.  I'm not talking eateries and bars, but industry in the way of development, design, medical, services, and technology, which is of particular interest to me.  There are a lot of companies doing great things in all kinds of field.  I even like to say we have a "tech corridor" located across the street from the Media train station.  One of the companies located there is Agile Trailblazers, who I wrote about awhile back.    They specialize in software management and execution which is huge in the industry right now.  Why isn't Media doing more to showcase these and other businesses?

Here's another example from the Spiezle Group on State Street.  They are providing a lot of the vision and planning for Widner's campus as illustrated by the recent dorms built there.  Nice Job!  And thanks for choosing Media for your businesses.


Spiezle Group displays latest work with Widner University.
Christmas Decorations Make a Difference for Media, PA
I would like to thank all the businesses in Media who take the time and expense to decorate their storefront windows for Christmas.  I can't tell you how much that brightens the spirit, especially at night when walking down State Street. 

Sligo did a great job with their interior decorations (check it out), but others that come to mind are Deja Vu, Quincy's, Per Lie/B. Gross and others.  They really look great.  I'll try to get pictures, but most importantly, Thank You!
An archived photo from 2013

1 comment:

  1. Please let's get into this borough council and mayor is not business friendly and self serving

    ReplyDelete