Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Media loses a great man who made an impact on many, Al Palmer (aka Mr. Palmer).

I knew him as Mr. Palmer back in high school where he taught me science at Penncrest.  A gentleman who didn't say a whole lot, but taught with passion and enthusiasm that made a lasting impact on his students.  He later went on to be President of the Delaware County Institute of Science, where many people in town knew him.  I'd see him in Media often either at the institute or driving around in his truck with a bumper sticker, "Eat my hitch."

Sadly,  Mr. Palmer succumbed to cancer this week; a battle he fought courageously. My deepest sympathy and condolences to his family.  I'm glad to have been a student of his and to have known the great things he advocated for not only Media, but for Delaware County and surrounding areas.

Funeral Services can be found at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/delcotimes/obituary.aspx?n=alfred-c-palmer&pid=157738258&fhid=14306




2 comments:

  1. Had Mr Palmer in 9th grade for Earth Science. He was a great teacher! He will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Palmer was a very nice man, and knowledgeable about local science and history. I enjoyed speaking with him on visits to DCIS. He was a Pennsylvania Military College graduate (now Widener University).

    ReplyDelete