Sunday, November 29, 2015

Media in Two Minutes - Santa Parade 2015

Media in Two Minutes
Santa Parade Edition!

Today's the BIG day for Media's Santa Parade, so there will be a lot going on all afternoon/evening. Remember the eating and shopping part of this day too.  Many businesses are open and would be delighted if you stopped by.  The restaurants along State Street will be quite popular with their seating over looking the parade route.

I'll see if I can get some behind the scenes footage leading up to the Fun Run/Walk and Block Party. I expect to cover the parade too for those who can't make it, but wish they could.  Speaking of which, you can be a part of the coverage also, by using the event's official hashtag: #‎santasparade‬

Make sure to like Santa Parade and Fun Run/Walk on Facebook for all of today's updates.  If you have questions, contact ATMpa via Facebook or Twitter and we'll get them answered.

Small Business Saturday!
I think Small Business Saturday went well in Media for all the things I've heard and seen.  My first order of business was to swing by Bryn Mawr Running at their newly relocated store on Jackson Street.  It was everything I thought it would be and more.

Enthusiasm and inspiration are contagious, and you notice that right when you walk into the store because you feel just that. The place looks great and the people have helped me tremendously with choosing the right shoe.  I don't have the "runner's" build, but you feel like one walking out of this store - and that's important.  With a 20% discount, you can't go wrong.

I don't normally check what people post to the ATMpa Facebook page, but I'm glad I did today.  This morning I found that Sorella Boutique on State Street had some good news to share.  They announced their best Black Friday and Small Business Saturday in 10 years!  That's great to hear and I hope other small businesses had a similar experiences.

Kirkpatrick's Christmas Trees
Speaking of small businesses, make sure to swing by and check out the Christmas Trees at Kirkpatrick's nursery in Glen Mills.  I actually got invited to tag a long to see the whole "Christmas Tree" experience that Pennsylvania is well known for.

No comments:

Post a Comment