Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Media Sports Hall of Fame - 50th Anniversary November, 6th 2013

I played with some, know others and am in awe of the rest!  I'm talking about the Media Area Sports Hall of Fame, which will be celebrating its 50th anniversary this year.  There are a lot of events in the Fall, but none that pique the local interest like this ceremony does.  I hear a lot of speakers whether in politics, business, leadership events and/or sports, but to hear fellow alumni induct others into this circle of honor makes for an enjoyable evening and a proud moment for everyone.

When I listened to Hall of Fame committee person and Penncrest Alumni, EJ Curran present the Sportsman of the Year Award to recipient, Fred Potts; as he did last year, I truly understood the importance of this group and the impact our local sport heroes have on the community.  Great Job!

Check out a great article in this week's Town Talk about the upcoming event.  Also take a look at their Facebook page for up to date information.

1 comment:

  1. Two names are missing, in my opinion. Jack Sugarman and Jim Burnshaw, both outstanding athletes at Media High School.

    ReplyDelete