Sunday, November 15, 2015

Media in Two Minutes

Media in Two Minutes

November is a month for giving and gratitude, and it's gotten off to a great start this year.  To begin with, a special thanks to all those who helped out to create a banner year for the Media Food Drive organized by Tim Broadhurst.  It was a record breaker that brought in 339 frozen turkeys.

If that wasn't enough, it was reported this week that the Delaware County food drive has collected 13,392 pounds of food, which is triple the amount of this time last year.  The drive continues through Nov 18th.

Lastly, I don't use the word impressed on this site much, but I must say, I'm very impressed with an announcement made by Loic Barnieu who will be opening his Sterling Pig restaurant up to those in need on Thanksgiving Day.   Check out Sterling Pig's Facebook page for more updates and reach out to Loic at Loic@sterlingpig.com if you'd like to volunteer.  (Note: I don't know if the Thanksgiving meal will include free beer, I doubt it, but I know someone is going to ask.)


Congratulations to Bryn Mawr Running
If you haven't checked out the new Bryn Mawr Running store that recently moved to Jackson Street, you need to.  It looks fantastic and is a great business that I know many in the community are glad to have.  Keep up the great work!  This store is a great example of what retail business can do in Media.

Media Wawa Project
I think it's safe to say that things won't get started on this project until sometime in 2016.  

Penncrest Lacrosse!
Congratulations to the following athletes who signed "letters of intent" to some impressive schools.

Ryan Schultz (Widener)
Alex Bonnett (Hartford)
Ryan Kinnard (Hofstra)
Ryan Granger (Marquette)

Media Restaurant Week.  What is it?
I know sure I understand the strategy behind Media's Restaurant week.  The two restaurants I went to this week didn't participate in it.  How was it?

No comments:

Post a Comment