Thursday, November 15, 2018

Commercial side of Media seeing activity. 610 Painter Street is under contract



I wrote about this back in March of 2018 out of curiosity of what might become of the commercial side of Media.   Nowadays you see a lot of investment in these types of areas in an attempt to catch a "good deal"  or launch a "good idea," no one else thought to think of.   I know of two that recently took place based on the same idea in another state.  Revitalizing a commercial area with something cool like a distillery seems like a win-win for everyone, but time will tell how accurate that vision was.   For now, it's popular and gets a lot of buzz.

Real Estate is treacherous.   A wise developer once told me, "If you think you have exclusive knowledge on property that gives you an edge on purchasing it, ten people thought the same thing you did when they walked through it yesterday." That's true, so know the area, environment and about ten other variables that will come in play in the commercial arena.  The less emotion, the better.

The 610 Painter Street property that's under contract isn't really all that spectacular when it comes to local news.  In fact, it's pretty routine as far as I can tell.  I have no idea who bought the property or what will become of it; perhaps nothing.  Why I took the time to write this deals with why the borough also found this property interesting.  I've filed a FOIA with the borough based on information I received that they had it appraised and made an offer on the property that wasn't accepted.  Why would that be done when they have a facility a few yards away?  Expansion? Re-location?


11/15/18

FOIA Request: Borough appraisal and offer presented for commercial property on Painter St.



Jeff Smith, Media Borough Manager
Media Borough Hall
301 N. Jackson St.
Media, PA 19063

Jeff

Pursuant to a formal FOIA submission, I'd like to request all email correspondence/discussions between Media Borough and any/all parties involved in the appraisal and/or offer put forth for property in the commercial district of Media, specifically 610 Painter St. Additionally, I like to request any contractual information regarding leasing of borough property adjacent to the newly developed West End Flats. I'll file an additional FOIA if needed.

I request that a copy of the following documents, either electronic or hard copy, be submitted to me at this email address: tedmano@gmail.com or mailed to 128 E. 6th Street.  Media, PA.

Disclosure of the requested information to me is in the public interest because it is likely to contribute significantly to public understanding of the operations or activities of the government and is not primarily in my commercial interest.

Thank you for your consideration of this request.

Sincerely,
Tedman O’Hara
128 E 6th Street
Media, PA 19063

No comments:

Post a Comment