|A vote could come as early as Thursday, April 20th on whether this lot will proceed as a public park.|
Media Borough has yet to post the official agenda for tomorrow night's monthly council meeting, but word is a vote is expected on whether they will proceed with making the property at 5th and Broomall a public park. Apparently, Councilman Peter Williamson is close to securing a grant, but one resident has indicated attempts to reach Williamson have gone unanswered.
Line Item from 4/6 Council Workshop Meeting:
In addition, the meeting hosted by council President Hall, on Thursday, March 30th announcing the plan, failed to address many questions by residents.
Comments from post: Media Entertains Pocket Park
- Council doesn't know who'll pay for the park.
- Council doesn't know the cost of creating and maintaining the park.
- Council doesn't know if eventually basketball courts will be placed there.
- Council doesn't own the property yet.
- Council doesn't care if you object to a park being built essentially in existing residents' backyards.
- Council has zero sympathy for you if your quality of life will negatively be impacted by the park.
- Council has zero sympathy if your property value decreases.
- Council has no interest in correcting a property division mistake made years ago (properties were subdivided wrong).
Thursday's (4/20) meeting is at borough hall and starts at 8pm. We will provide a link to the council agenda, should one be posted before the meeting.