Thursday, October 31, 2013

Does Media Have A Trick or Treat Curfew?

Happy Halloween 2013
Happy Halloween to all you trick or treat'ers out there this evening.  It's a much better night then a year ago were some municipalities were considering moving Halloween to the weekend due to altered schedules and the debris in the neighborhoods caused by Hurricane Sandy.

Tonight it looks like everything is off to a good start.  I can hear the kids going up and down the sidewalks this very moment.  There even looked to be a haunted house setup on the corner of 4th and Monroe St. and I'm sure other locations.  Most popular costume?  That's a good question, but I'm hearing there are a lot of Snow Whites out there.  Candy?  I can't imagine Reese's Peanut Butter Cups ever going out of style.

This week I was asked if there was a Halloween curfew in Upper Providence.  Technically there isn't, but UP does follow a weekday curfew that starts at 10pm.  As for Media, I have no idea, but It would strike me a bit strange if someone came to the door after 10pm, or even 9pm.  Either way, the night typically winds down around 8:30pm.  

Have fun!




1 comment:

  1. Michael Jordan, MediaOctober 31, 2013 at 9:48 PM

    Had about 50 kids come to our door, more than usual. Every one polite and friendly. Most with parents in the background. Fun was had by all.

    ReplyDelete